'Tis the season...! Enough said.
Those of us that still have a job to do need be mind full of the hazards of complacency and distractions in the work place. Complacency can come from the dull drums of a slow work environment due to the end of this years budget allowances. Distractions from our intended work goals are largely generated this time of year from holiday event planning or sickness amongst ourselves or immediate family.
Stay focused upon the task at hand! God will take care of everything else while you are involved.
This months safety tip is: Avoid complacency and distractions in the work place.
I'll flip through article 100 and put my finger on this month's term/definition (a drum roll please)...
Qualified Person: One familiar with the construction and operation of the equipment and hazards involved.
You should always run through some sort of "Pre-Job" checklist before performing a work related task. This could be something as formal as an employer required checklist, or something as informal as you collecting your thoughts before assigning a crew to duty. Make sure you are assigning qualified workers to the task to be performed. If you suspect you are asking too much of someone, assign a mentor to them during their operation of that task, if you cannot coach him/her personally.
Christmas Present: Afraid I don't have much to give this year. I know(I mean, I really know..) how important it is we all have hopefully stashed a few nuts away for the winter. But spring will come, with or without us. Sometimes we can feel like giving up. But there are precious few depending on you to steam roll through the lean times and carry on. Times like these, there is no try..."TRY" does not exist. You will either do something or you will not. You cannot put "try" in your hand. So git 'er done. Safety first, quality second and productivity pays the bills.
Merry Christmas,
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment